View Single Post
Old 06-23-17, 09:00 AM   #907
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

^ The Boss lady appreciates all her well-wishers; and has taken the day off: announcing we are driving to Sacramento to pick apricots for her to make jam with. I hope we beat the heat but I have my doubts about the interior part of the state. We already made raspberry jam from our own raspberry bushes-a big treat as the neighbors like her old style canning jars. My 60+ idea of lunch is still Skippy peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam! The one neighbor's apricot tree is not producing fruit this year, so the trip to an orchard, 40 miles away, is apparently in order! Another neighbor's orange tree provides the fruit for her marmalade! I have 'gleaning privileges' in the 'hood otherwise it just gets wasted. Her Spaghetti sauce from our tomatoes, with meat, is also a big hit... alongside tomato paste, beans and sweet corn. Much of the garage shelving is for her finished canning products.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote