View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 02:15 PM   #40
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I didn't receive any terrain file, the one e-mail I have from you, contains a link to your 3D work
I'm going to send you again the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
By the way I had a look into it. I can help you with it, but I need to know what will be its use. Will those meshes be in game, or you want to import them in S3d just for visual reference?

Depending on your answer I will suggest you the best workflow and I will optimize the model for easing your work
I would like to have both main models (A2 and A3) to import in a .dat file, place them with the Brest harbour placement file, and see how it looks in game. It allows me to have a 3D in-game preview, to see how it interfers with land and sea, and to tweak position. For now, I don't care about textures. It's just needed to import the 3D models into S3D. Precise textures, we will see that later.

The main struture will be this one :

- a .dat file containing all parts of Brest harbour : A1 (seawall), A2 and A3. On each part, placement nodes refering to buildings, cranes, factories, trains ....
- a .dat file containing 3 placement nodes for each part ; this is the one which will be placed into the Locations.cfg file.