View Single Post
Old 06-18-17, 08:26 PM   #4755
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You shouldn't have to be doing that though... It's something to do with your sound card set-up. I've got Win7-64, Home (or whatever), but the "Sound" settings stuff should be the same... maybe (I've got my Control Panel set to display as a menu) - From the "Start" menu, choose the "Control Panel". If you're set up like most people, click on "Hardware & Sound", and then on "Sound". That will bring up this little jewel:

On that little window, click on your sound card "speakers", or "output" dependent upon how they're labeled (you see both ways on my computer), and that should then make the "Properties button active. Click on it, and you'll get:

Now click on that "Advanced" tab, and it'll open the actual properties that your computer is set to:

This is how I'm suspecting your computer is set. Notice it says 48kHz, DVD qualiity? If that's what it is, click on the drop-down arrow there, and scroll up one choice to the:

to where it says "CD Quality"... 44.1kHz.

If your computer ~IS~ set correctly, let us know. Whether it'd be the game or the card's "proprietary" settings (Creative), I don't know. Did changing the 3D slider in the game make any change whatsoever?
I followed all that, changed to the 16-bit setting, and the speakers tested just fine. However, if I try to play one of the Mono sounds I get nothing.

So I'm going to continue working the process I found that works for my rig, and that is to convert the mono .wav files to stereo. When I'm done I will make those files available as a JSGME-ready download just in case someone else encounters the same. Many may not realize they are missing some sounds. It can't hurt

Oh, and moving the slider made no difference at all. Currently it is set to the default, which is about one third in from the left edge. I have tried it all the way left, and all the way right. Makes do difference in what plays or doesn't. Thanks again.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote