Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-17-17, 05:17 AM   #4738
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2492079
@ torpedobait, see what your system sounds are set to. Do you watch DVD movies on your computer? If so, Windows might have the Sound set to 48kHz, 16-bit, and Silent Hunter wants - no, DEMANDS - 44.1kHz, 16-bits... A sample rate mis-match in Windows audio is a muted audio... DRM and all that...[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how/where to check that! I did find something interesting - using Windows Media Player, I tested some of the sounds in the game by clicking on them direct in the sound folder; some play, some don't. Perhaps you can see what the difference is in the sound files?
Here are a few that play using Windows Media Player:
amb_rain.wav; amb_rainlocal.wav; amb_submarineinterior.wav.
Here are a couple that do not play:
amb_submarineyard.wav; collision.wav; Launch_Star_Shelll.wav; and of course, Periscope_UpDown.wav. That said, except for the latter, I hear all the others while in the game! One other thing, using RealPlayer instead of Windows Media Player, I can play ALL the sounds, including the periscope! That tells me there is nothing wrong with the files, but there is in the way the sound is translated to the game. But I'm over my head there...

And I have watched DVD movies in the past (Deadwood; Band of Brothers), but not for quite a while. Like I said, I haven't a clue as to how to check the sound settings for KHz.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote