View Single Post
Old 06-17-17, 04:37 AM   #4736
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Here's something else... the periscope sound is a "mono" file, one channel, that when it goes through the SH.SDL file, goes through a "3D emulator", if you will, for that "stereo" effect as you turn your head. If I'm remembering correctly, the engine noises do also... I'm no where near my computer (on an irritating tablet thingie), but if you're familiar with opening SH.SDL, look through there and see if the "3D" tick box is checked on the sounds that you're having issue with (other than the voice files).
I'm not familiar with SDL readers (windows says I need one), so I downloaded one that Norton says is "safe". It appears to be written for LINUX machines, and although I am an old dinosaur who cut his teeth on Assembler and COBOL and learned a bit of DOS, I'm damned if I can see how to use the reader. When I unzip/unrar it I don't see an executable. I like your suggestion to check the 3D box, but haven't got there yet. I'll look for another reader - Notepad won't do it, for sure.

EDIT: I now have the S3D editor and checked the Periscope_UpDown.wav file. The 3D box was NOT checked. I checked it (using the one in the v0.61 mod, started the game, but alas, no periscope sound yet.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 06-17-17 at 11:34 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote