View Single Post
Old 06-16-17, 04:07 PM   #4731
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You're using a Sargo, at an Asiatic Fleet start date? 1942?

I just finished a "Beginning of 1942" Asiatic Fleet, with a Sargo, and both periscopes had their raise/lower sound.

Can you open your MODS/100_Fallofthe RisingSun_Ultimate v0.60 PublicBeta_EN mod and follow to the Data/Sound folder and play the .wav file named "periscope_UpDown.wav"? The sound should run for about 9 seconds.

If you have your v0.60 "Activated" into your SH4 game, go ahead and follow the same path in your SH4 game files to the "Sound" folder and play the same periscope_UpDown.wav file (just left mouse clicking it should bring up your .wav player)........... Anything?
I had no joy in trying to play the .wav sounds! Not one would play by clicking on it in the folder. So I went to the basic Windows Sounds folder and tried it there. The Windows-supplied sounds for things like asterisk worked just fine (.wav files), but none of the older .wav files I have accumulated over the years would play. I put two of them on a flash drive and put them on my wife's HP. They played just fine!

In frustration I went out to Creative tech support via chat. They now have a couple of those files, the same ones I played on the HP that wouldn't play on my machine, plus the misinfo file they had me create. I am waiting for their response. I also deleted the drivers for the SoundBlaster Z and applied the latest driver they provided. No change.

In short, it does not appear to be a game problem, but rather is something in my hardware or software set up. It is a mystery why it will play some .wav files and not others, no? Will advise if a solution is ever found. Meanwhile, I'll live without periscope sounds I guess.

In the end,

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote