View Single Post
Old 06-16-17, 03:31 PM   #4729
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton View Post
Thank you for FOTRS. I'm really having a good time with the mod.
One question though: I noticed conning tower upgrades are on a later schedule than when I was using TMO. Also, paint jobs were on an earlier one.
Is this historically accurate, or have you not gotten that far yet?
Expect Fotrs Ultimate to be different than any other modification. As it relates to the Conning Tower schedule, it's based on getting a tower that works with other upgrades at the same time. An example is you can't fit an "Improved" SJ-1 Antenna unto the earlier towers...they don't fit. So when an upgrade for the Radar comes along you better have the right conning tower on the hull to use the new equipment. Same with some of the AA gun upgrades, you can't fit the 40mmDouble onto some of the towers, so you have to coordinate these kinds of updates/upgrades to get the best match. If it's not following some historical accurate time line........well guys, it is what it is! We've tried to eliminate the possible conflict of getting a new tower, yet finding you've lost your Radar because of an equipment dated issue (which by the way is prevalent with this game). We hope to make the game as seamless as possible for the player within the restrictions of the game itself. If it means we're out of step with authenticity......you get your money back!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote