Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-16-17, 08:56 AM   #4726
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default Mogami, Myoko, Small Tanker problems

I intercepted the December 11, 1941 Task Force just north of Linguyen and I noticed a few things going on. First, the two battleships, Kongos I think, were zig-zagging and looked like they were trying to avoid each other which also triggered the other vessels, a couple of heavy cruisers zig zagging to avoid each other. I viewed this from periscope depth. I also went to free camera to look at each ship and discovered that the Mogami was sitting up on the surface with the entire hull, props, rudders etc. above the surface. The Myoko was rolling rapidly from side to side in rather calm seas. None of the other vessels were rocking and rolling like the Myoko.
I was detected and underwent a depth charging by three destroyers. They all looked like they were performing normally.
After I evaded the destroyers I detected a Small Old Tanker and it too was rocking and rolling rapidly from side to side in rather calm seas.

I have pictures of the Mogami and the Myoko depicting, as best as possible from a still image, their behaviors. I didn't get a picture of the Small Old Tanker.
They all looked OK in the museum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rockin Rollin Jap Myoko.jpg (19.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Planing Hull Jap Mogami.jpg (12.8 KB, 17 views)

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote