Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-12-17, 09:35 AM   #4650
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I just realised that keltos01 was not included in my Welcome to the Ultimate Team a few minutes earlier in Privite Messaging!!!!

Welcome Keltos01!!

Then I notice this report from Subsim:

keltos01 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Can't send a PM "Welcome" when the mail box is overflowing.

================

Regarding the Kongo in v0.60........

My fault!

I was still trying to get a ship to spawn planes.

I had the Kongo as my guinea pig, I forgot to put the Sea/Kongo.cfg "Type" back to its original!! I had tried just about everything......even had a NCV_Kongo, trying to see if the CV naming in its Sea folder made a difference........it didn't.

Although there has to be some sort of designation that's made besides the "Type" to make an object spawn planes as an air base??! Just changing "Type" and putting the planes into the .cfg file isn't enough.

===============

Quote:
I don't know if cdrsubron7 wants to add anything more to the campaign, but I do want to attempt some "balancing" of the traffic, but user input is definitely needed.
Good, I'm not done with the Campaign files either.

I'm not done with fixing the Hydrophone for all ships...no matter what the target speed. My plan is a big one, in that the Campaign .mis files will need to be changed to match the ships capabilities. I'm going to try a small test before I get into the specifics, but I'm sure I'm going to need some help in looking into every .mis file to correct this deafness that Hydrophone uses have when a ship travels below half its rated MaxSpeed.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote