View Single Post
Old 06-11-17, 06:47 AM   #6709
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Too bad that despite all Google AI and Alexa, translation software still is in an infant stadium. This comment on May's situation and her maybe real intentions is - brilliant if being proven correct, foolish if being proven wrong.

IN GERMAN:
http://bazonline.ch/ausland/europa/t...story/24668882

The author reflects on that May's real intentions maybe have been this: she wanted to get the Thather wing in her party, supporting a hard Braxit, under control by getting a strong majority in parliament - which would have allowed her to ignore the Thatcherists the more the stronger her general support in parliament would have been . That way she would have been allowed to lean more towards softer Brext negotiations, than the hard-Brexit Thatcherists would have forced her to deal out.

Interesting theory. If true, this ironically means that with her weakened position now she actually might need to accept hard Brexit conditions more than she planned to. However, one needs to see how the DUP will pull its new strings in government course plotting.

P.S. I know I know what she says in public, all the paroles and claims of her intentions, and that the media say she wanted a hard Brexit anyway. That is just the usual politicians' babbling, I do not give a penny for claims politicians make about what they want and what they plan and what they will do if only. Politicians lie if they find it opportune, that simple.