View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 03:52 PM   #3072
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

That they had 'felt no pressure to do so' doesn't mean they had not been asked to do so.
True, but to impeach the President, which is the only way any of this could hurt POTUS, you need actual open testimony from Coats, Rogers, et al.

In two hearings now, they have said they will not comment. Talking heads can interpret that as they wish, but it gets you no closer to an impeachment, especially when you add:

Coats:

Quote:
“My response to that was in my time of service, which is in interacting with the president of the United States or anybody in his administration, I have never been pressured, I have never felt pressure to intervene or interfere in any way with shaping intelligence in a political way or in relationship to an ongoing investigation,” Coats said, recounting his reaction to a request for comment from the Post.
Rogers:

Quote:
Rogers says he's never been directed to do anything "illegal" or "immoral." The NSA chief declined to “talk about theoreticals” or address private conversations he may have had with the president. “But I will make the following comment,” he said. “In the three-plus years that I have been the director of the National Security Agency, to the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believed to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate, and to the best of my recollection during that same period of service, I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...earings-239242