Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-25-17, 07:19 AM   #4614
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2486385]Getting the rope to them can be a problem... sometimes they're in too close, or not just exactly in the correct spot. If they're in too close, you will sometimes only get the command tab for the rescue to light up when the pilot is on a wave swell, and above deck level. I've had to circle around several times, to be able to finally get a particularly stubborn one aboard. It's almost like the downed pilot likes teasing the sharks or something. The drift is another odd thing at times, and like you say, sometimes it seems like they're right there, just a few hundred yards away, and you're doing flank just to keep up with them, then all of a sudden, you've passed them. QUOTE]

Ah, that may be it. I was lucky on the first one to pick him up before I got within around 100 feet. On the second one I was right on top of him, and then beside him. Next time, if there is one, I'll try keeping him on the bow but not on top of him and see what happens. Naturally, seas are rough so the survivor bounces up and down, mostly hidden in wave troughs, so you have to be very quick with the space bar to lock on him. He is visible only for a second or so. Too far away and you can't see him at all; too close and he won't catch the rope. Aaaarrrrggghhh! And they ask us why we drink!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote