View Single Post
Old 05-24-17, 05:42 PM   #7
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonatron5 View Post
Im mainly looking for realism and being able to walk around the interior of the sub and take control of all the different stations.
Mh, that creates a problem.
While you can walk around in SH5, it is one of the least realistic 'simulations' available.

Quote:
and I would LOVE a game with co-op multiplayer that allows real people to work together on the same sub
AFAIK, the only game offering that is Dangerous Waters, where you can indeed man different stations with multiple people on the same platform.
I imagine this could be great fun potentially, but never really did it despite a few tests. On top, DW isn't very much alive anymore, but still has a tiny, cozy core community.

Quote:
I have heard Silent hunter 3 is like the gold standard of sub simulation (even if its very dated by now)
Depends on how you look at it. Personally, I consider Aces of the Deep to be said gold standard, even though it is heavily outdated, it offers 'more' for me than I'll ever find in SH3. But that's totally up to you and what you consider important.

Quote:
I have heard as well, that Silent hunter 5 is good but you have to mod the hell out of it to make it playable.
Well said: Playable. Enjoyable?
Not for me - but others seem to enjoy it despite all the glitches, bugs, historical inaccuracies and overall arcade gameplay.

Quote:
and a lot of the articles ive found relating to subsimming are fairly dated,

so for what im interested in what would be a good game? as of 2017?
All very relative, of course, but for me it would be

Aces of the Deep
Silent Hunter III (with a solid modset, of course, but I'm not at all up to date here)

And for modern stuff:
Dangerous Waters (pretty much the only choice anyways)