View Single Post
Old 04-17-17, 07:29 AM   #201
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Turkey's new sultan Erdoghan seems to have gotten what he wanted, a new state order with him as the strong Führer, so the coup he staged last year (I take it for granted that he has been the driving force behind it) and the tens of thousands of journalists, critics, intellectuals arrested, finally have paid off. Thats is no surprise, since a majority of the Turks has voted for Erdoghan and the AKP. However, the gap between Ynd Nay is exytremely close, a hair's width only.

Considering the last detail, the narrowness of this decision, somethign else catches the attention. Of the Turks in Germany, two in three have voted for the change in Turkey.

What does this say about their willingness to integrate into the state order in Germany, and their attitude towards "democracy"? A rethoric question only, I do not wait for answers, since everybody can know them already. Its like I always said. Integration of Turks in Germany, as integration of Mulsim groups in Germany and in Europe in general, is a disaster story. It has failed, due to active resistence by the "migrants". Colonists is a better word.

The last echoes of the old Kemalistic order has been swept away now. The old Turkey of pre-Erdoghan times is no more. The militrary now by majopirty supports erdoghan, and has betrayed its function as guardian of the Kemalist constitution. Which again is no surprise, sinc eErdighan since one decade has systematically exchnaged the officer corps and has made sure that his followers advance through the ranks in record time, to bring them in control of the armed forces.

Merkels reaction? She appealed to Erdoghan to be reaosnable. This while 15 German nationals are held in arrest since months and all embassy contact to them being rejected, Turkey'S intelligence service being probabaly th emost actove and one of the most hostile ones in Germans, erdoghan critics are being hunted and targetted by Turkish agents in Germany, and the offences by Erdoghan do not end.

I have started to read the German ediiton of this book by Jason brennan, "Against democracy". One of these bhooks that make you aware of how rotten and misled the fundament of our western order is. We get what we asked for, and so we deserve it.