Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 04-03-17, 11:24 AM   #4392
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Yes Double R, we paid an extra ten bucks for the fifth patch from UbiSoft, yet they STILL didn't add the fix the SHIII boys figured out in July, 2005 (that's the date of the patched SHIII .wav file we're talking about)!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Thanks UBI!!! You're a peach!!!

====================

UPDATE

I've run my SubNet mission where I had the mouth of Pearl Harbor closed with a Sub Net. Before using the Patched SHIII "Collision SubmarineNet.wav" files I got the screeching sound at the start of the mission...as it opens up the scene within the Command Room. I had two missions, one having a sub submerged at the start, the other with it surfaced. Both of them produced the sound as the game opens due to the my subs placement was within the 20k distance from the Net.

With the SHIII .wav files added.....no sound at the start!!! Yea.....I went on to hit the Sub Net with damage mounting as I stayed in contact with it:

OK...so far so good.

Started a Campaign with a Propoise and headed to Truk. Here's what the Truk Islands look like within the Mission Editor displaying their Sub Net setup:

This is the East side of the Island group. There's an opening towards the North East corner.

Upon arrival, I marked off a 20K area from the approximate placement of the Nets, looking to see if I got that 20K screeching sound?

Nope, we were good (I put the approximate placement of the Sub Nets onto the Nav Map for reference).

I slipped in closer and found the Sub Nets placed just where they should be, and rang up some damage when I hit it.

My report is...... the change to the Patched SHIII Sound files corrects the issue. The remainder of the Sub Net function works as expected.

Thanks to Jeff-Groves for his knowledge of SHIII to know where to look!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 04-03-17 at 01:41 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote