View Single Post
Old 03-28-17, 07:37 AM   #4350
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
Sorry for the Late Report had City Council meeting tonight I sailed right into Truk encountered the Loud sound but that gave me a clue I was near the nets was there for about 5 hours sank a couple of Destroyers and no TC drop or CTD either smooth sailing left the area and proceeded to area 7 Known as the Bungo Straits.
That's great to hear your report....thank you!

Little by little we're finding/changing issues that we hope will make for better game play. The sub nets just don't work as expected (the stock game left them out for a reason), we're trying to expand the games playability by either fixing (if we can) problem features, or following the stock game approach by preventing their use. Sub nets are a nice feature, but if they weren't fully implemented, it serves no purpose to use them.

Propbeanie has become our "in house" expert on all things Campaign Mission related. Without having a "Developers Play Book" available to know what each parameter does and why, he's had to figure out things the old fashion way....trial and error! Most folks don't realize how many hours and hours are wasted on just making a change in the game files, and waiting on the game to load, just to see what it does?! I've been at this for 10 years, I bet 5 years of my time spent has been just sitting/staring at the computer, waiting on it to load the game.

Great work propbeanie!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote