View Single Post
Old 03-26-17, 09:33 PM   #4339
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Yes, its strange. Those two files I asked about should both show a "Modified Date:" of 3/4/17 as you say they have.

I ran a test start from Pearl in a Gar "Mid 1942".....that starts you on June 6, 1942 in the Captains Office. On this date the Gar has a working SJ Radar "On Boat" and is operational when in the mission. It would seem the issue is in your upgrading of a previous boat, or in the "saves" of your progress/Campaign. Neither of those have I changed, or would even know if FOTRS messed with these files from stock. I would have to study the process. The fact that stock "saved" games have never been trouble free could be the factor.
The fact that I have never been offered a new boat bothers me too, and may be related somehow. Usually by the end of the third patrol, assuming a reasonable tonnage and the date, a new boat is forthcoming. Once on a previous iteration (v0.52 perhaps) it was after the fourth patrol, which may have also been time related. Anyway, it remains a mystery.

As for my Saved Games, I usually take a Save once I get 60 NM out of port, Midway in this case, and subsequent Saves during the mission as appropriate. However, upon entering port, I apply promotions, medals, and equipment upgrades, and then Save as "date-in-yy-mm-dd format", followed by "In Port, Midway". I reload that to ensure the Save was successful, delete the interim Saves from the last completed patrol, leaving only a string of "Departed Midway" and "In Port, Midway" saves except for the current patrol. I then launch the patrol, etc. So, after reaching port, the only Save files I can reload are either when I arrived in port, or just after leaving port at the 60 NM point. This is exactly the procedures I follow since my early SH3-GWX days. Don't know if there is a nugget in there or not, frankly. Time for a beer - our beloved UK Wildcats lost to SC tonight. A sad day in Kentucky.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote