View Single Post
Old 03-26-17, 10:47 AM   #4338
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Modified date for the SNS file is 3/4/17; it is 3/24/17 for the UPC file because I tried a change (see below) yesterday. The original date is also 3/4/17. FOTARS Ultimate v0.56 is activated through JSGME since this latest career start. After the sixth patrol and back at Midway in August, 1942, I checked the UPC file for the GAR and it indeed showed a start date of 6/1/42, ending 5/31/43, with the upgraded SJ available starting 6/1/43. I tried to change it by setting the 6/1/42 start date to NULL, but after loading the saved game starting in the office before the seventh patrol, the radar was still not available. Have not tried to find the .sns file yet, but I'll look at it. Very strange, eh?
Yes, its strange. Those two files I asked about should both show a "Modified Date:" of 3/4/17 as you say they have.

I ran a test start from Pearl in a Gar "Mid 1942".....that starts you on June 6, 1942 in the Captains Office. On this date the Gar has a working SJ Radar "On Boat" and is operational when in the mission. It would seem the issue is in your upgrading of a previous boat, or in the "saves" of your progress/Campaign. Neither of those have I changed, or would even know if FOTRS messed with these files from stock. I would have to study the process. The fact that stock "saved" games have never been trouble free could be the factor.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote