View Single Post
Old 03-19-17, 07:23 PM   #9
Drakomis
Narwhaling the highways..

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Addendum:

If there are no other alternatives than editing the registry and, from what I can see being linked, purchasing a DVD box of SH4 to do a clean install, then I'll be happy to leave this subject alone. There's certain mods and programs I'll do that with (i.e. KSP and so forth), but for a simple ship? I think I tried to followed the instructions by using the recommended mod installer, so what I'll do next is delete the mod installer and simply install the mod itself (if possible). Otherwise I'll tag this one down as unusable until I figure out where the conflict is.

I appreciate the help and welcome any further replies and clarifications on the points you addressed, Propbeanie.

Don't worry, I have no intention of asking for refunds or anything for my donation. If anything, this community deserves it with how committed it is. Plus one of the mods did work for a separate game, and I'm really pleased with the realism presented in SHIII thanks to it.

EDIT:

I thought about what you meant, Propbeanie, when you mentioned "going behind windows back". I think you mean the (x86) folder is unusable for mod installs or I'm not "supposed" to edit it. I have very limited technical knowledge of the subject and in no way make any assumptions you do as well (as far as I am aware you could be a computer geek), but I do have admin privileges as this is a rig set-up for gaming. For further clarification on my part, I always install mods in these directories, typically as instructed, and never have any issues beyond "human error" (i.e. me). This was why I originally asked in here, as something so simple as this install still didn't work. Your explanation brought a question to my mind about that, which was why I asked for clarification from you on the subject. Is this mod not SUPPOSED to be used in this manner or is it SUPPOSED to be only used for a DVD box install? That was what I was wondering.

If that's the case then, yes, the mod is useless to me. I have two CD-DVD drives but I rarely use them, and I have no intention of not using steam unless otherwise necessary. Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Last edited by Drakomis; 03-19-17 at 07:35 PM.
Drakomis is offline   Reply With Quote