View Single Post
Old 03-19-17, 05:26 PM   #163
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I don't see why everyone freaks out about Schulz,so far all he did was talking-nice.
He appears wrong to me, fake. Yes, they all are, but some are worse, and he plays Mr. Volksnah a little too hard I find.
However, since Merkel seems unable to do the right things or do things at all, I will probably vote for the new guy, hoping something will change for the better.
You... hope...?

Hope is no strategy, no plan, no nothing. Its just summoning the fairy queen. You can known what will happen when he gets legitimised to run the office: the German policies on many levels will see dramatic shifts to the left. Merkel does that, too, left and right as political descriptions are almost meaningless nowadays to describe the characteristics of political parties.

There is only one reasonable option you have by which you do not compromise your own integrity: refusing to legitmise any rat in the rat pack the political establishment is.

Maybe - most likely - this will not acchieve a change for the better, here now deeper-rootiung processes and historical inner dynamicsare at work as if it would make a difference whether you vote for this or that non-option. of. But by withholding yourself from the demands of the mainstream, you become a little bit less guilty yourself.

Quote:
Es gibt aber in der Menschheitsgeschchte Zeiten, wo jeglicher Optimismus nur unverantwortliche Verblendung und Feigheit bedeutet, während der Pessimism es es immerhin erlaubt, dem Unausweichlichen ehrenhaft und mit offenen Augen entgegenzutreten. - David Engels