Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-10-17, 08:43 PM   #4161
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Propbeanie, have you ever looked at the planes flying during the Museum run?

Maybe you should look at their route first, it's in the Data/Museum/Museum.mis file. Planes take a northern route, fly for several miles, turn west, then south, then east looping to their starting point again. This route is followed by all planes (a similar route is for ships), the game is hard coded to change planes when the next/previous button is pressed.

If you follow the plane long enough you'll see its 90 degree "turn". It will usually falter, dip lower than its usual flight, make a herky jerky turn then level out to fly the next leg. This is a plane flying all by itself...no other planes around it. Personally, I don't think the planes have the same "avoidance" mechanism as the ships do.

My point is, when I've seen a group of planes flying around Pearl, their flying in formation, the only problem is this formation is singular, every plane for itself. If one jukes while the other jives, their both going down. The stock game doesn't have plane "formations" in it...that's a modders idea of reality. The problem is, the planes will crash if their flying close to each other, set to fly in a "modded" formation, and a turn is made. Just a point to be understood when players see planes falling out of the sky for no apparent reason.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 03-10-17 at 09:46 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote