View Single Post
Old 03-10-17, 09:02 AM   #4145
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Sounds logical Capn... At the time it happened the one time, it was a patrol to the Marshalls, and I took a detour to Truk, and found a half-dozen vessels run-aground in various places, the harbors a mess, etc. The last time was that single mission with the daylight screenies with the merged vessels really close by, and other strangeness just to the West of the hill in the port, and I had just torpedoed that merchant, it was sinking and really ablaze, so the game was dealing with quite a bit. It was "hiccuping" quite frequently too, like I was gonna see me some airplanes in just a bit... - I do have to get me back to the lah-bore-uh-tore-ee and do me some further "testing" and make certain my data is valid... ahem.
Truk has been a mess. I think that's why the stock game never got into putting ships actually in the harbor, least none that moved. Docked ships I think are Ok. I'd have to open up the stock .mis files again, but as I remember the stock ships never entered the harbor. They spawned outside of the reefs (either coming or going), and were never put inside. The reason, the games terrain model made the water too shallow to operate in. Guys looked at Truk and said, "that's not right, lets add some ships in there"! Its been trouble ever since.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote