View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 11:42 AM   #4027
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
First, welcome aboard, Dichebach. Happy to have you with us.

To answer your first question, yes. that is what we're hoping to accomplish. Right now with the Beta release FOTRSU is still a work in progress. The best way to find out is d/l the latest release and give it a try and see for yourself.

As for what game engine is used in SH4 I don't really know, but considering the game is 10 years old, the graphics are still quite good.
Very cool. I'll check it out.

I'm assuming that this JSGME application is more or less required for most of the mods for this game series? I seem to recall I used that same mod manager app for Arma 2 mods?

Haven't played long enough to finish a vanilla campaign, really just enough to get adept with torpedo solutions (about to put the finishing touches on the AOB stuff actually using the TDC instead of the map and protractor. . . which is probably sketchy at best). But plenty to be "ready" to try out some good mods! Love me some mods Skyrim I believe I have about 130 of them, Kerbal ~60, back in Arma days ~40 or so . . . Happy to help out with testing or whatever. Would be nice to learn a bit more about the inner workings of this game as I find its ability to span the wide range of spatial/temporal scales to be VERY promising as an aspiring game designer and I'd like to understand the outer limits of this architecture.