View Single Post
Old 02-22-17, 12:33 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
How about a link there? That could be very interesting, with businesses all over the world running software not compatible with Win 10.

Your links above are amazing. They're exactly what we need to toss out the bathwater but keep the baby. I'll execute the procedures on my canary machine to check it out. At least it will reduce CPU loads and that is always a worthwhile pursuit.

One major superiority of my Ubuntu Linux system is the lack of telemetry and data collection which speeds up my machine.
Rumours, Robbins, whispers, opinions - but I read them and stumbled over them repeatedly, by chance. Woody asked readers about their experinces on this as well short time ago. Must be one article of the past 4 weeks, maybe.

Woody's is the only tech blog that I till read frequently now. All others ar enot only in German, but I just browse this or that one when I am bored. I have not many horses running anymore in Microsoft's race, and all people I maintain system for (parents, neighbours and some of their friends), I have by now convinced to allow me to switch them to Linux. And they all find the everyday use of their new old machines EASIER than before.

The nice thing is for me that I have MUCH less work with them, too. Just a fraction of the time that Microsoft machines need to maintain them with reasonable security levels.