View Single Post
Old 01-22-17, 05:40 AM   #717
Carolus Magnus
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I have been playing Silent Hunter IV for a while but could never get quite warm with the pacific campaign. Then I saw Silent Hunter III on a steam sale and jumped on the boat.

I searched in the internet for a mod to fix the resolution and maybe add some antialiasing and then found this mod which is more then I ever wanted.

Problem is. The last two days were a nightmare.

I used the complete installer package. The installer told me I couldn't install the mod in my SH3 folder. Took me hours to find out that the installer doesn't like the "Programms (x86)" folder. Great start...

Anyways. I copied the game to another folder and the installer worked.
I added the main mod file (LSH3 2015 Fullversion) and the GUI widescreen mod. I started up the game and half of the buttons were all over the place. I couldn't start a campaign because the start button was missing.
Great again...

I deactivated the widescreen mod and all buttons were accessable.
I started a new campaign and the loading screen got stuck very close at the end. It would load for ever but nothing would happen. Exiting the game impossible. I had to turn off the computer.
One time it worked. After 10 minutes of loading the game went to a black screen telling me something like "good hunt". (I don't remember) However nothing happend afterwards. Me clicking on the screen and hammering buttons caused the game to crash to desktop eventually.
Since then the campaign does load to 3/4 (taking very very long) and then crashes to desktop.

No hope in sight.

I searched the entire internet for a solution. But the myths have it that LSH3 is unsinkable and no such things as crashes exist.

Btw: I didn't use an old savegame. My PC specs are allright and my screenresolution really is 1920x1080
Carolus Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote