Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-20-17, 02:10 PM   #3553
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Ok. thanks Torpedobait. I'm getting the guns corrected. Lots of trial and error. But, they are getting corrected. You'll have the duel manned guns work as expected, single too.

I'm going to have the main Deck Gun set up for having the "basic" 3.50 cal Stern Mount for all subs, all time periods. As Captain, you'll go to the Equipment Management screen while in the Captain's Office (in port) to make changes to this "basic" setup. Specific time periods will allow for specific upgrades to the Deck Gun such as 3.50 Bow Mount, or the 5.25 Bow Mount, or a 5.25 Twin Mounting. If you want to go back to a Stern Mount gun, it will be there too. The cost will be Renown. My tests have been positive with this kind of structure, so I'll be doing the same for the AA guns.

I've also put a four man crew for all Deck Gun operations. Coupled with adding Gunnery Qualifications to the base crew, you should see a difference with how the armament situation for the subs work. I'm hoping to eliminate issues that stem during mid Campaign Upgrades too, due to crossed dates between the different pieces of equipment.....Radar, Torpedoes etc.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote