View Single Post
Old 01-20-17, 10:18 AM   #3551
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait
SH4v1.5; Large Address Aware; 4 Gb Patch; FOTARS Ultimate Beta v0.52, Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visibility, and Sub Ambient Interior (All running under GameBooster 4);

Hardware: Falcon-Northwest Mach V, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7CPU 975@ 3.33GHz, 12Gb RAM, Win7 Pro 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
Torpedobait, when I look at your computer specs......why are you using Large Address Aware AND the 4 gig Patch?

You should only use one or the other, not both.

I like LAA, its my personal choice for getting more memory to run in a game/program (like SH4) that wasn't designed to use more than 2 gigs of RAM memory. In the case of thinking doing "more is better"......using both of these memory access app's is not the thing to do. And, the "GameBooster 4"?!? What's it do?

I would do a couple of things.

Completely uninstall/reinstall the game, including the Documents/"SH4" folder. I don't know if using both memory app's causes issues or not with each other, but I'd start from scratch. I'd only use LAA (again my choice), and make sure its configured correctly. Follow this thread "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" to get the game installed in the proper folder, and LAA enabled. Follow the advice to check if LAA is properly installed in the games "sh4.exe". Windows7 and Windows10 is close enough to each other that the difference shouldn't be a problem with the tutorial's instructions.

Secondly, please use only FOTRSU v.52 when reporting on what you find to be issues. Having several other mods running along with FOTRS Ultimate doesn't give us much of an idea what is wrong when an issue pops up. We can't run every mod found, checking their compatibility with Ultimate, before trying to figure what caused an issue.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 01-20-17 at 10:27 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote