View Single Post
Old 01-20-17, 09:52 AM   #3550
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
CapnScurvy is working on the twin, and hopes to have a solution for the next version. It sounds like it might be at least a two-fold issue - crewing and equipment. We'll see.

As for the Recon missions, those have not been edited at all as of yet. The next beta release, we hope to have those completely disabled. They will be available at a later date as a Mod, after editing. If you choose a Narwhal, you are automatically put in the OPS flotilla, and you'll get about half of your missions as Insert, or Photo kind of missions. There are like 15 or 18 Photo missions, and a regular sub has a chance to get them also, especially that infamous Hiroshima on the 2nd patrol out of Pearl... The Inserts are staying for now... Just be aware that the camera button does not fully light up when it is enabled. You might notice, especially in a really dark envirnment, that it faintly lights up when you are "locked" on a valid target. It practically blinds you when you hover over it with the mouse. Also, the sound the camera button plays when pressed while locked on a valid target is not very loud either. Needless to say, it can be rather difficult to get "positive" feedback, and be aware that you mission might be complete (and again, CapnScurvy is working on this - but don't expect miracles).
Thank you! I really appreciate all the hard work the team is doing on this. I'm still running my first career in the last published version (up to October 1944 now, and having a blast). I was lurking in the Surigao Strait on the 24th and encountered two IJN battle groups, one with 2 Mogami and a Naka, plus 5 DDs, and the other with two Fuso and one Mogami, with too many DDs. Sank two of the Mogamis, the Naka, three DDs, and damaged a Fuso with my last three torpedos. I managed to escape by hugging the shoreline along Leyte until the last of the DDs and the two Fusos cleared the area. Now I'm going to do the photo recon mission, only because it is still there. What fun!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote