View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 05:10 PM   #3365
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
That was back in 2009. I don't remember the specifics. But i do remember asking reaper7 if i could use his artwork.

In the update, i've totally remade the dials in Adobe Illustrator from scratch to make them high resolution and "perfect". No more wobbly dials and not lining up perfecty. Also due to the way the program is used (from the bottom), i flipped all the numbers so they aren't upside down. I'll give you credit then.
My AoB Calculator (from this 2007 thread) was released just a month after the games release in March. I got my inspiration from a SHIII modder named Wazoo who made a similar looking device, but with only two dials. My idea was to add the third Relative Bearing outer dial which opened up greater possibilities with the device. My modded dials were simple home made images, some parts actually glued together to form the three dial calculator.

My point is, my design has been added to and refined, but it was still my initial design that first was introduced. As all my mods state, you can add anything you wish to the concepts...just give me credit for the initial idea. When I find none, don't be surprised to be called on it.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote