View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 06:24 PM   #15
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Most of Webster's mods are incorporated within GFO. Check out the readme and see which of your mods are not necessary!

Also, bigger better protractors operates on the infamous menu_1024_768.ini file. As soon as you load it up all other changes made by other mods are nuked! I'd not load it. The extra naval bases mod has some TMO specific things in it that will give your game unpredictable trouble. Unless you know enough to operate on the mod and remove all the TMO specific parts of it I'd leave that one alone too.
I'm sorry to correct you RR but the bigger better protractors does not touch the menu_1024_768.ini file.
I'm using it with FOTRS at the moment and there are no conflicts at all, here is the readme from the said mod.

Quote:
This mod changes the map tool large mouse cursors for the course plotter, ruler, and protractor. The new cursors are approximately twice as large as the originals, with higher contrast for better readability. The protractor and ruler are very similar in layout to the originals, but I changed the course plotter to have a usable radial scale for more accurate plotting.
Bigger Better Protractors should be compatible with most other mods. If there is a conlict and you still want to use this mod, you'll need to manually move a few files and edit a few lines of text. Move LineExt.dds, ProtractorExt.dds and SquareExt.dds into Data\Menu\MouseCurs. Next, open Mouse.cfg in Notepad, find the entries for Cursor 12, Cursor 13, and Cursor 16, then change the XO and YO values as follows:
[Cursor 12]
Name=LineExt
XO=256
YO=257
[Cursor 13]
Name=SquareExt
XO=127
YO=128
[Cursor 16]
Name=ProtractorExt
XO=256
YO=257
These values tell the game which pixel is the exact center of the cursor.
I've been using these cursors on my 1680x1050 monitor, and they work well at that resolution. Larger resolutions should also be good, but smaller resolutions may not.
Thanks for reading.
White Owl