View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 04:45 PM   #1
Kasper1965
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
gear Old system help

Hi,

I thought I would be clever after keeping hold of my Silent Hunter 3 and instead of trying to run it on my new system and windows 10, I would build a system for ONLY for the game.

So I have;

AMS Athlon dual core processor 5000B 2.59GHZ, 3.48gb of ram
Msi Radeon X1550 graphics card
running windows XP 2002 service pack 3.

No other games or programs are running apart from the O/S. And it will only be used to run Silent hunter 3. as soon as I can get it running with mods I will delete the anti virus and disconnect from the internet.

The problem is the game starts and I get the load screen with the red bar which fills up and then I get a memory error screen and which gives me the option to exit or debug ( which exits me anyway).

I have been over the internet and have set the screen res set at the recommended, I have deleted the two intro movies, I have set to run as administrator, I have uninstalled and re-installed but not in the program file, I have uploaded all the updates and made sure all drivers were up to date ( well up to date as far as an out of date machine can be)

and still the memory could not be read error ?

And yes the copy I have has star force on the disk, but that shouldn't stop it loading... should it ?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you
Kasper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote