Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 11-29-16, 12:51 PM   #2782
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Places everybody. Have a seat. This time it's for real.

Okay, we're going for it: the opening of our first public beta release! Call it
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N! (YES, that's finally a link there!)

After much fumbling with keys, sticking chronometers in front of torpedo fire buttons, wait a minutes from mission/campaign wizards in the mod team and a little sleep last night, here it is: the public beta of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.40 Public Beta.

It's our aim to be the goto mod for people who play SH4 and ask "what mod should I use." With this release, we're not there yet. This base mod is a tribute to the work of the Aces of the Deep Modding Team of Germany, headed up by AOTD_MadMax. As such, it is intended to keep as much of their work as possible intact, bringing their vision to a brand new audience here at Subsim, those who predominately play single player with the Silent Hunter 4:U-boat Missions version of the game. When you see it, you'll have to agree that their vision was knockout amazing!

You'd better have patience. Weighing in at 967,314 megabytes packed, 3.6 gigabytes unpacked, FOTRS Ultimate Edition is larger than any other mod. We recommend that you have at least 4 GB of RAM and apply the Large Address Aware patch to SH4.exe. We recommend that you change your desktop shortcut to point to SH4.exe instead of gu.exe. Finally we recommend that you have a pristeen SH4 stock file lockbox so you can deal with the inevitable mod soup you will create by adding mods to FORTSU.

Please post any issues you have with as much detail of the circumstances as you can in this thread.

This isn't the end. It's the BEGINNING! Thanks to the mod team and closed beta testers! I didn't deserve you but I got you anyway!

Oh.....What's that 100 crap before the name of the mod? Well, it's important and I think you'll agree when we get to the real star of the FOTRSU show: Certified Plug-in Mods. More details on that later. We are changing the way Silent Hunter 4 is played. The best is yet to come.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-29-16 at 02:45 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote