View Single Post
Old 11-28-16, 02:14 PM   #2772
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default [REL] 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N

Okay, we're going for it: the opening of our first public beta release! Call it
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.40_PublicBeta_E N! (sorry, no link yet)

It's up in Area 51. But I just discovered that in my zeal for keeping my PM folders shy of 400 posts and choking, I have accidentally deleted my Subsim FTP credentials. Since my Windows crash I've been working in Ubuntu with a different Firefox installation so the remembered credentials aren't remembered. So until I get another copy from Neal, our first public beta won't be really public.

Shhhhhh! Keep this between us but if Neal got 100 PMs asking him to reissue me my FTP credentials maybe something would happen?

Just as soon as my SNAFU gets worked out, everyone can check out FOTRS Ultimate Edition public beta.

Known Issues:
  • The enemy AI is dialed up for multiplayer. A single player better pick his battles so far. We'll be dialing that back a bit and issuing plugin mods so you can choose your own game difficulty.
  • The campaigns are recovering from some pretty abusive handling by past modding teams. The further we look the more we find that needs work. It's good enough now for public use. We would appreciate reports of weird stuff.
Thank you to the FOTRS Ultimate Modding Team: cdrsubron7, propbeanie, xtbilly, max-peck, CapnScurvy, Jeff-Groves, s7rikeback and myself.

Thank you to the closed beta testers, AVGWarhawk, BarracudaUAK, Gray Lensman, Jeffg, Lt commander lare, Moonlight, Navigator857, Newinger, Platypus65, Rabid Wolverine and Wizz.

sdfd
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote