Old 11-19-16, 06:19 PM   #3
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Minger View Post
How do I fire a successful torpedo with manual targeting unticked in the options whilst running WOS. I pressed space to get the target info used my torpedo man to get a solution and fire the torpedo. It didn't work. I'm not ready for the full manual targeting scenario yet.
You need to use the OFEV and change the "XO TDC" tab "Manual targeting enforced" value from True to False as per the screenshot. This will allow you to select either Manual or Auto targeting ingame by using the "Turn TDC Off/On" option in the XO dialogue box during an attack. Very handy option while learning manual targeting because you can select Auto targeting then compare your own calculations using the RAOBF etc with the auto targeting data set in the TDC. From the various books on German submarine warfare that I have read, it is usually the XO that uses the UZO to calculate the data to input into the TDC during a surface attack while the Captain uses his eyes/binoculars to maintain situational awareness. Therefore its probably more realistic to use "Auto targeting" during night surface torpedo attacks than inputting the TDC data manually.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote