View Single Post
Old 11-15-16, 07:50 PM   #2612
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post
I'm running Dual R9 380 2GB in Crossfire mode.

BUT, I'm also running it through WINE.

To compare, with R7 370 2GB, with Crossfire... Half-Life 2 Episode 2 through WINE gets ~60fps (in the menu and otherwise). Running the Linux native Version, I get ~160 fps In the menu, I get between 160 and 299 in game.

With the R9s I'm getting ~166 in the menu, and between 200 and 299 in game. 299 is the max that the Source Engine will show on the frame rate counter.

All other "3d" screens are running at ~60 fps in SH4, although I noticed 120 fps at one point. The 2D screens like the maps and the crew screen were up to 180 fps at a few points.
I didn't check the frame rate in the CT while running beta, but with the 3D TDC mod, I got about 20 fps. The Beta is a little less "laggy" than the 3d TDC mod.

ctrl-F8 is reserved for pulling up the multi-desktop "menu" so you can see everything you have running on all desktops. Sometimes Windows games don't play nice with that function. It'll either crash the game, or not turn on the Frame rate counter. SH3, it doesn't turn on the frame rate counter, or it stops accepting keyboard input.
SH4 it stopped accepting keyboard input, until I used ctrl-F8 multiple times.

It's "iffy" at best.

I will say this, with the R7s, I ran games that are of the same era, but are MUCH more demanding that SH3 or SH4 can EVER be. The R9s walk right through those same games... I'm not sure why the new CT is so laggy, because the OS/Hardware config handles much more than that with out so much as a hiccup...

Barracuda
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote