View Single Post
Old 11-01-16, 07:07 PM   #167
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Well the 'shark' has two counterrotating rotors and thus needs no rear one, so maybe you do not need a collective grip? But you'd need one for the Huey, or other 'conventional' helicopters?
I am fortunate enough to have both a nice stick with separate throttle for collective, and pedals (you might be meaning pedals or twist grip for the job, not collective) and to me the pedals make a world of difference. I have been flying sim aircrafts since the mid 80's but since around the early 00's the helis have become so high fidelity and with so advanced flight models I don't understand how anyone can fly them with keyboard (as some apparently do). Helis are tricky (only 'real' experience here is rc helis but I also take the words of the local Huey pilots here at face value, flying that old lady was like balancing an egg on the tip of a needle that you balanced on top of a broom stick while riding on a unicycle). Anyway, for the DCS helis, and prop planes, I really wouldn't want to be without a proper stick and pedals. Heck, tried that free Mustang that comes with the World, and daaayum that one is a wild one. 1 in 10 landings that doesn't end in me shouting obsceneties at the monitor . Falcon 4.0 was a breeze in comparison and FSX's Cessna is like no landing at all, just sleep till it's down and parked.

EDIT: Also, that pic Oberon linked up there above always crack me up. I guess I really was meant to be a heli pilot but I was too daft to notice hah!

Last edited by Von Due; 11-01-16 at 07:24 PM.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote