View Single Post
Old 11-01-16, 04:45 PM   #9
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crease34 View Post
ive had no joy with sub command and W10 with downloading all of the wrappers and the latest patch and trying both compatibility settings I can vouch for with my machines
SC and DW can be very cranky to get working on Win10, even with the DLL patch. What worked for me was the following:

1) Install SC (or DW)
2) Attempt to run the sim. It will crash, but the point is to have it create its config files prior to any DLL patches or wrappers.
3) Install the DLL patch.
4) Run the sim, which should work at this point. If not, adjust the compatibility to get it to work. Compatibility: Windows Vista or Win XP SP2 should work.

There are no guarantees that this will solve all of your problems, but it worked for the Win10 machine I use for compatibility troubleshooting. Since you already have installed the sim, be sure to uninstall it and delete any config files it may have left, first. One final note, the SC/DW engine HATES multi-core processors. If you have a brand new computer with a high end CPU, the code may not know what to do with itself, which usually means forcing the sim to run on a single core, which is a separate issue.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote