View Single Post
Old 10-15-16, 09:13 AM   #79
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
But all you have to do to resolve the ambiguity is to make the array non-linear - ie: turn the boat. So it would only ever be much of an issue when you first detect someone. And we handle initial detection on the strategic layer. I just can't see how it is tactically significant other than in the very early stages of an approach, like detecting someone in the 1st or 2nd convergence zone.
It's just that it's something that doesn't get resolved until either a) you see the boat in question on a fixed array or b) you change your course. When I'm playing DW, changing course to resolve bearing ambiguities is something that has to factor into my tactical picture. Now, given your convergence zone scenario, I imagine seeing the contact appear in two convergence zones mathematically dictates that it can only be one of those mirror contacts. However, previously undetected enemy subs can enter the tactical picture when you're in close enough that convergence zones don't matter.

I also have a second question that I meant to ask: are you going to have less than 100% confident intel? As in, intel that doesn't pan out, or incorrectly estimates enemy strength? Anything along those lines?

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote