View Single Post
Old 09-29-16, 02:32 AM   #335
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
But who says the MH17 was targeted on purpose?
It might have been an accident. The radar can't identify the plane, it can just tell 'something's there'. My guess is someone just got trigger happy.
That a passenger jet crashed, quickly spread, so I'd figure they quickly pulled the Buk out of the area again to cover the mishap up.

It was send their due to enemy jets appearing in the area, wasn't it?
I didn't follow the whole mess very much, but that's what I collected.

'Proof' looks different though.
That was not what I meant. I don't think for one moment MH17 was targeted deliberately. What I'm saying is why would the Russians risk getting themselves conclusively caught supplying and operating such a system whether they hit an airliner or not? It's one thing to supply a system but so overtly? With a full crew too? They way the report reads however is that Russia supplied the system, they accidentally shot down the airliner then went home. If it hadn't been an airliner would they have gone home? Would the sensible thing have been to have left the SAM system in place and have the Russian crew change uniforms and ex filtrate quietly.

Given the height it was flying and direction I'm o the opinion they thought it was a Ukrainian air force transport. Also a lot has been made of the rebels being pushed back and losing ground to the Ukrainian government forces until the miraculous save by Russia. However most of that information seems to come back to bellingcat quoted in the media.

I would like to see the US radar evidence which they claim to have but haven't shown. I would also like to know who theses hundreds of witnesses they interviewed are. That aspect seems to have been lifted from bellingcat.