Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-22-16, 12:38 AM   #2092
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

cdrsubron7, that intro image looks a lot better than this one that looks like a bad kids blackboard homework:

Jeff Groves, here's an image of the Shinano....nothing seen over head. You've been talking about flags. The only three Jap ships that don't display a flag in the Museum are the Shinano, Unryu, and the Aoba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Looks like when you reassign ship names RazzleDazzle need a rewrite to match. Looks like a job for v0.27 or v0.3, whenever it gets done. It's important enough that I'd stop the presses to put it in there immediately.
It's not so much the actual "given" name (you can call the asset anything you want by using the Names.cfg file) but, it's either the "ClassName=" word that's important not to have an error in, or the "UnitType=" figure that needs to be the same across the various files.

The reason why Razzel Dazzel v0.65 isn't working with FOTRSU is because of one ship....the Jap Catapult has its UnitType=102 (a Cargo ship type) instead of UnitType=18 (a ship using Scout Planes). To fix, just open the Roster/Japan/Sea/NKSS_CAT.cfg file with Notepad and change the UnitType=102 to UnitType=18...save the change then exit out.

Your JSGME activation order should look like this:

100 FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.25_Beta_EN
FOTRSU v0.26 Beta Update 092116
800 Razz Dazz FOTRSU v0.65

======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
Can you explain why your update 26 makes it to where 25 can load the museum? I'm really curious about that.

I've not had a chance to experience the additional catapult planes flying overhead just yet, but I've got just the mission that cdrsubron7 and I are noodling with - er, I suppose I should say "will be" noodling with, since it's entirely too late for us old guys to be up and playing on the computers...
So what are you doing up?!? Going to the bathroom??.....Again!!

I know all about the "Frequent Flyer" issue.

Frankly, I can't remember just what I did to get the Museum to work?? I look at stuff and just know its not right and fix it before I think much about it. Checking just what I described earlier in this reply helps a lot. The "ClassName" and "UnitType" are the two biggest reasons why things don't work right. Their used in several files....especially the ClassName. This name is what the game uses to identify an object throughout the folders. Get it misspelled, and its back to Windows you go.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 09-22-16 at 12:58 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote