View Single Post
Old 09-16-16, 12:14 PM   #1935
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1124
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Precisely sir. The game engine should have had something to catch the occurrence also, such as an

IF UserBoat within 30km
THEN DoNotSpawn
ELSE Spawn

I added an extra 10km on that, just in case you're on a higher TC. Since they apparently felt no need for such, then making the spawn circle smaller should help. Also, limiting the units=100 to something that's more in line with what's being spawned, such as let's say "4" for the H/K groups, "4" for the Coastal Traffic, since that's usually just the junks and sampans, and then 30 for the convoys and TF groups. I haven't found any bigger than that yet. With that, hopefully you wouldn't see those monstrous groups of a hundred. Also, if the spawn sites are back-to-back, like they are in Stock and FotRS, then one of those groups is eliminated or moved. Including the "battle" MIS files, we'd have to plot where they are versus the random groups, and not spawn sites are allowed withing so many km of each other. Now, on to the math, 'cause: how far can a boat travel at 20knots in one hour when you're using 4096 TC? Spawn rates are based on the passage of hours... Wow - I need my kids to do that part of it. They're in high school and sharp on the math stuff... me, I'll forget to carry a one and end up plotting something into Australia's outback or something, like the Himalayan mountains...

Thanks for the update man. You are very efficient... Is the "Type 11" a BB, and the "Type 20" a Super BB, or the other way around? You saw Jeff-Groves post above, right? He's working on the ships' flags from the MultiPlayer perspective?
Propbeanie,

Yes those types are correct, and yes I am aware of the flag issue as I was in contact with Jeff-Groves on that very subject due to a ship issue i had and this was the cause.