View Single Post
Old 09-14-16, 03:58 PM   #1907
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I can find nothing with my meager skills cdrsubron7, but what I'm thinking of doing is creating a mission right in the middle of the area, and just sitting there on the surface with radar while the clock ticks by. 'Course, I don't know what good that'll do... Get me sunk again, maybe? Probably. One little tidbit - I'm looking closer at (where ARE my confounded reading glasses?...) is the EastAsiaCampaign.mis file. It has the potential to generate a bunch of Akizuli destroyers, but there's usually a cruiser with them. However, the first Akizuli is the "leader", and I'm still looking through the file, getting confused...

Do you remember about where you were, and the date of the DD "display-of-force"? You said back a few pages it was October 1943, East China Sea, West of Okinawa. Were you like just about in the middle between Korea, China, Formosa and Japan?

We might take Jeff-Groves up on

and have him ask Dan what he knows about this, or get some insight into the MIS file parameters...
I'm willing to bet that even with making a mission to try and catch that bunch of destroyers it won't happen. I've had this happen to me before several times while playing FOTRS v1.3. Some of these encounters occurred while patrolling in the Luzon Straits in early '44. Every time it happens the game just stops working and bogs down.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote