View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 04:10 AM   #20
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Like I've said many times, if you load RSRDC after TMO you really are not playing TMO any more. You've seen the movie Alien? RSRDC is a bit like that.
I was under the impression that TMO was more about fixing submarine behavior to be more mechanically realistic (dive speeds, battery op time at various speeds, etc). I was also under the impression that RSRDC was more about reproducing exact historical ship/convoy placement/movement as you described earlier making it a limited/repetitive campaign play thru, then back to TMOs internal random campaign engine with the internal historical inconsistencies retained.

Why the statement "you are not playing TMO anymore?" RSRDC does not make any alterations in TMO's mechanical alterations/behavior that I know of.

Just because RSRDC was adapted to work with TMO doesn't mean that you really are not playing TMO anymore... Sorry, this is one time I have to disagree with you (in reality it's probably the first time, LOL)

It feels more to me that I am playing the RSRDC historically reproduced campaign using the TMO mechanical modifications which is exactly what I was expecting when I set up the combination. Reverse that and try playing RSRDC with the stock sub settings/behaviors and there's no comparison to playing it with the TMO modification. The various subs mechanical behaviors are much more realistically improved using the TMO alterations, to say nothing about the improved explosive graphics over the stock game graphics.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote