View Single Post
Old 09-07-16, 03:48 PM   #13
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

You can visit my Sub Skipper's Bag of Tricks thread and we have lots of techniques you can use. I teach the Dick O'Kane, John P Cromwell and vector analysis methods, which are constant bearing techniques shot from 90º, 45º and any chosen relationsihip to the target track. That way recognition manual wizardry is unnecessary.

The manual has a really fractured set of instructions on manual targeting the stadimeter way with target identification necessary. They get it entirely wrong. It's very important, for instance, what order you enter your information into the TDC. It's also important to push the send button twice for each parameter.

Basically, if you want to shoot accurately you will enter the course/angle on the bow and speed first. Then the stadimater shot instantly puts the bead on the target with great accuracy. Any other order will result in inaccuracies and misses. Usually I'll enter speed, target course/aob, then bearing/range with the stadimeter. Stadimeter is very touchy. One pixel off means bad range. Correct target identification is essential. Good thing our recongnition manual contains every ship on the seven seas.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote