View Single Post
Old 09-07-16, 06:44 AM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnzrldr View Post
Hey, the GFO mod instructions say it doesn't work 100% w/ RSRDC later than 401. However, I can only find 565 on the downloads board. Where can I find 401, or is using 565 with minor decrement acceptable? Any advice? Never mind. Amazing what actually using the provided search engine will do. Anyone know how much difference I'll find between 401 and the latest 565?
I installed GFO with RSRDC 565, used the GFO RSRDC patch and had no problems. I am getting disconcerted with the very idea of RSRDC and lately believe that a dynamic campaign, such as the devs made for the base game, is better and more realistic than a canned campaign.

In war, the adversaries dynamically probe, attack, retreat, choose missions depending on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the instant. Depending on what their assessment of those factors are, the two sides will do something different.

Therefore, if the war were to be fought over, battles would be in different places. Convoys would be sent at different times from different origins to different destinations. In RSRDC, if during the war, a port sent out convoys to Tokyo Harbor weekly except for a month when Wahoo hung offshore, that's what that port will do whether you are there or not. It's like shooting fish in a barrel because they stopped for Wahoo. You don't exist. They are a rote recording, a robot, a terrible way to run a submarine simulation.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote