View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 12:56 PM   #145
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
The FPS stuff isn't shelved. In fact, you can go online and shoot people right now in alpha 2.5.
From what I've seen/read it has been shelved, what you have now is as far as it goes.

Quote:
Would you rather seen it done properly or done rushed?
Without doubt we would all like to see it done properly, but how properly? If the whole thing doesn't get rlsd 'till all Chris Roberts aspirations are reaslised, then the whole game/sim, call it what you will, could be redundant before release. How many years since Star Citizen was announced ?

We are now looking late 2017, my guess, but no beta in the frame, and that is being overly optimistic, believe me Dowly I wish I was wrong, but just look at the timeline on this thing !

Quote:
As for the game packages, press the 'More info' link and it tells you exactly what you get.
I have, and that is deeply disturbing, and confusing. Like I said previously
$54 for single player, no mention of a ship, go take a look.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...ndalone-Pledge

Put another way, why offer single player campaign, plus a ship, for $70 some dollars minimum. Am I making sense yet?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...adron-42-Combo

Like I said, concentrate on the base game first, SP/MP whatever, forget the $2000 upwards packages and T/Shirts and crap. We seen how Devs/Pubs handle DLC, why is it such a strange concept to CR? No game..... then any DLC/Package, whatever isn't worth, well you know. Roberts has had way over $1,000,000 so far in pledges/pre orders and bugger all 'cept an alpha to show for it. Oh yeah publishing and 4 studios around the world, oh and expos. Whatever happened to getting your nose to the grindstone ?

I really, really want this to happen. However, the more money goes in, and the less comes out, the less likely it looks. Geezus Mark Hamill was never that good an actor anywho

Fubar

Last edited by Fubar2Niner; 09-05-16 at 01:07 PM.
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote