View Single Post
Old 08-24-16, 10:20 PM   #1554
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I was in in a total monsoon, raining so hard you can't possibly see anything. I pick up a task force heading northeast toward Tokyo Bay. I turned to a intercept course and noticed two of the blips on radar had peeled off and were heading straight for me......... I still haven't figured how those two DDs knew where to find me other than they were physic and saw me coming.
That's going to be my second issue to look at.

My first issue is to have the sub sensors work as expected. Since I think I've got the subs "equipment" capabilities addressed.......my next task is to make sure the "modifiers" for the equipment (the .cfg files) will work as expected.

It's then that the AI's "equipment" (from the AI's .dat files) will need to be looked at, compared to the subs equipment capabilities (we don't need to have the AI equipment to have superior capabilities over the subs capabilities...... if they shouldn't have it). THEN, the AI's "modifiers" (found in the AI's .cfg files) will need to be balanced to make things work as expected. As I pointed out, the FOTRS AI equipment has several additional "types" to work with, so it isn't going to be a "quick fix" just to have them work as expected.

Hopefully, I'll get the subs modifications done first, put it up for all to check out. Then I'll get started on the AI's part.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote