View Single Post
Old 08-22-16, 02:41 PM   #1490
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The ship gets its identity form the Roster/(Nationality) folder. In your case, placing the appropriate .cfg file in the Roster/Japan/Sea folder will automatically have that asset use the Japanese flag and have it distinguished as an axis ship.

Keep in mind when making a clone ship, or any other cloned asset, all ID's in the .dat file for the model need to be changed. If you don't the possibility of having two ships with the same ID numbers will cause game CTD's (at worst) IF both assets show up in the same rendered scene. When changing ID's, don't forget to make the appropriate changes within the .sim, .zon, .dsd, files too. All will need to be changed to link the changed ID's to the other necessary functions of the asset.

If you do things correctly (and there's lots of things to check), you can have a completely cloned asset (ship, plane etc.) that won't interfere with other assets when rendered. It's then that the asset can have a name specifically different than another. I found something the other day that was a bit unsettling. When playing with auto-targeting, I was at Pearl and found a "xxxx Maru" tanker sitting in the harbor. Least that's with the naming system calling all tankers an "xxxx Maru". My point about add-on mods, is that there are un necessary outcomes to making changes that don't make sense.
Thanks, Capn. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I have everything working correctly for the ship and the naming. When I see the ship through the periscope the Japanese name show up perfectly. The only problem is it still flying a American flag. See the image below.

And as you can see the ship.cfg is in the Roster/Japan/Sea folder.

If I can get the flag thingy figured out, I willing to try and clone all the merchants for the Japanese so we can leave the other ships alone.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote