View Single Post
Old 08-22-16, 03:24 AM   #606
ninja turtle
Frogman

Downloads: 249
Uploads: 0
Default Tweaking LSH3

Hi all.

Apologies if someone else has already posted the following changes, but I have been experimenting with some older mods to see if they will work with the latest LSH3. To be fair I've hardly played a career yet as I'm trying to make it similar to how my GWX version was, but the adjustments appear to work okay. Obviously find the files where you have installed LSH3 on your PC (I am using Steam so have installed exactly as suggested by Theberster - many thanks for your detailed and well explained step by steps for installing etc otherwise I probably would have fallen at the first hurdle trying this mod) and open them with 'notepad'.

Thomsen's Sound Pack:

As already noticed in past posts this mod will not work with LSH3, causing CTD's. However, if like myself you get fed up with hearing 'Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!' after every order, adjust the following as advised in the 'Readme.txt' within Thomsen's mod file:

C:Games>SilentHunter3>data>Sound>Speech

Here you will find 9 folders. In each folder delete the following (use ctrl-f to find them if necessary):

ChE_K_Yes_Sir.ogg
ChE_P_Yes_Sir.ogg
ChE_S_Yes_Sir.ogg

Save before closing 'notepad'. In game you will then no longer have 'Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!' but will get the verbal acknowledgement of order given.

Compulsory U-boat Headdress:

I like my crew to have self-discipline and prefer them to always wear their hat. This mod didn't appear to work with JSGME so I again followed the Readme.txt and made the following adjustments. There are about 120 changes in each file so it is a little laborious. However, so far I have only changed the II U-boat crew and only the file which has a crew name with it:

C>Games>SilentHunter3>data>Cfg

The paths to change are:

crew_config_II_1
crew_config_II_2
crew_config_II_3
crew_config_IX_1
crew_config_IX_2
crew_config_IX_3
crew_config_VII_1
crew_config_VII_2
crew_config_VII_3
crew_config_XXI_1
crew_config_XXI_2
crew_config_XXI_3

"HasHelmet=No" change to "Yes" and save before closing 'notepad'.

Again use ctrl-f to find them easily.

I hope this post might help some of you. Disclaimer - please don't blame me if anything goes wrong and credit goes to the creators of the above mods who have provided the information within their mods.

If someone knows how to take out the U-Boat orange location arrow icon and LSH3 logo when in external view I would be very grateful.

Also whether there is a mod that has the four-digit co-ordinate overlay in the F5 map for U-Boat location as used in WW2. This was used in GWX under 'Charts add on' but will not work with LSH3.

Happy hunting!

ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote