View Single Post
Old 08-20-16, 07:50 AM   #1433
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Those are beautiful and you two have become modding madmen in your own right! Now, did you name them all xxxx Maru Class, or drop the Class on all? I think they should state "Class" unless there's only one of them in the game. And we know the game will give you a Yamato a week if you send in the Wheaties box tops!

I say we mix it into the core mod and have a plugin mod to restore the inconsistent names for those who enjoy confusion! That was a ton of work in a very short time. Thanks to both you guys for amazing work!
Well - at the moment they are all named as something maru

eg
Heito Maru
Akita Maru
Bandoeng Maru
Hakusika Maru
Nagara Maru
Zinbu Maru
Taihosan Maru
Kasagisan Maru

Seems OK to me
Only the tankers, troop transports, and freighters have had their name changed
No names have been changed for any of the IJN units

However if you think we need the Class designation in the name I am sure we could accommodate that

Would just be a little text edit of the names cfg

Are you thinking eg. Heito Class Maru instead of Heito Maru

What sort of nomenclature are you thinking here RR??

PS - Cdrsubron7 did all the legwork here, looking at all the ship images and comparing them to WW2 recognition manual photographs to get a good match
I just jumped in at the last moment and tidied up the file structure a little bit

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote